By Tim Marcin2020-09-04 17:10:35 UTC
People are fed up with the latest release of Madden.
The 2021 version of the NFL video game has a historically low user-rating of just 0.3 — out of 10 — on Metacritic. People have long been upset with the game’s focus on microtransactions and weak upgrades from year-to-year. But a reason people are especially upset at Madden ’21: The game appears to be chock full of hilariously dumb glitches.
Videos of the glitchy madness have spread throughout Twitter. And, while I might feel differently if I had purchased the game, the glitches are pretty hilarious. Here are a few of our favorites.
1. Look at this player who runs from the sidelines to deck the opposition.
2. This ghost ball has a mind of its own.
3. This guy decides suddenly he must bear crawl away from the end zone.
4. Sometimes players line up in formations that make no physical sense. Here the quarterback is getting the ball snapped to him by an invisible man.
5. Look at this lovely conga line with a floating ball.
6. Another conga line with a floating ball.
7. Hey, look, yet another conga line with a floating ball.
8. Somehow the ball comes flying in from the side in this play.
9. Sometimes things just get stuck.
10. And finally, another great bear crawl.
I had to stop myself at ten examples. Just search around for Madden glitches on Twitter and you’re bound to find even more. Folks are mad enough that they’re calling for the NFL to drop its deal with EA, the company that makes Madden. People have been posting hashtags like #EndMaddenMonopoly and #NFLDROPSEA in the hopes of forcing the league’s hand.
I totally get being angry you spent a pretty sizable chunk of money on a glitchy game. But that’s not going to stop me from laughing at more glitch videos.